The Importance of a Hygienic Bathroom
Your bathroom is the center of your home when it comes to getting yourself clean. Ironically or not, it is also a veritable breeding ground for germs. Both due to the nature of the space and also due to people’s personal hygiene habits, bacteria in what should be a clean room is mind boggling (and a little disgusting, at times). So read on to find out how to keep a hygienic bathroom
Contrary to popular belief, the toilet seat is not the place in a bathroom that is most riddled with germs. It is in fact the bathroom sink that harbors most bacteria, closely followed by the shower drain, toilet flush mechanism, and faucet handles. The toilet seat is also generally cleaner than the floor and the vanity bench top.
The bacterium in a bathroom is, put simply, revolting. Human fecal matter contains gut bacteria and pathogens; saliva, nasal secretions, and mucus all contain pathogens; and when you remove clothing, shower, or towel off, your skin sheds pathogens. Thanks to the warm and moist environment of a bathroom, these microorganisms rapidly multiply and colonize on damp bathmats and towels, as well as mould growing on shower curtains and other surfaces. It’s literally enough to make you sick.
How to have a hygienic bathroom:
• Wash your hands every time you use the toilet!
• Choose stainless steel for your bathroom faucets. It is easy to keep clean and it’s easy to see when it needs a clean.
• Keep all bathroom surfaces as dry as possible
• Open a window as much as possible to circulate fresh clean air
• Clean the hand basin, faucets, vanity surface, bathtub, and shower recess weekly
• Clean mirrors
• Vacuum/sweep and mop the floor weekly
• Change bath towels and bath mats every couple days and wash them in hot water
• Use cleaning cloths dedicated to the bathroom – separate between the toilet and the basin – and don’t use the same ones as you use elsewhere in the home
• Always wash bathroom cleaning cloths in hot water
• Clean the toilet at least once per week; but disinfect bowl after every use if a user has vomiting or diarrhea.
• Always flush with the seat lid down
Purchase high quality and stylish stainless steel bathroom faucets in Anaheim and online at Wholesale-Sinks. We are your one stop, premium wholesale supplier of an impressive array of stainless steel kitchen and bathroom sink and faucet merchandise. We guarantee you will be delighted with our products and our service.